How to submit
All submissions must be shot digitally and be able to be projected in digital format.
This “How to submit” is a brief guideline. Please refer the Regulations before submitting.
All the submission materials must be received by March 1st, 2022
There is no entry fee. However, transportation charges and insurance fees for sending the necessary material must be covered by the applicant.
International films are eligible for the International Competition.
Only Japanese films are eligible for the Japanese Film Competition (Feature Length and Short Length sections).
- *International Competition…Running time must be 60 minutes or longer.
- *Japanese Film Competition (Feature Length)…Running time must be 60 minutes or longer.
- *Japanese Film Competition (Short Length)…Running time must be between 15 minutes and 60 minutes.
- Note: Films with a running time of shorter than 60 minutes are not eligible for the International Competition.
1) Entry Form
- Please submit via FilmFreeway online.
- Online screener（Vimeo or YouTube with password security is preferred) is the accepted format for pre-selection. If the film's original language is other than Japanese or English, please make sure it has English subtitles. If you do NOT have an online screener of the film, a DVD (NTSC preferably or PAL) must arrive at the festival office by March 1st, 2022.
*We do not accept “work in progress” submissions.
*Entries submitted once before are not eligible even if you have re-edited them.
*If you submit more than two titles, please fill-out an entry form for each title and send us all other supporting materials with each screener.
*None of the submission materials will be returned. All submitted DVDs will be shredded after the festival.
Completion of entry
Once you register your film through the online entry form, you will be sent an auto confirmation email. If you choose the DVD screener option, however, the submission is completed when the DVD arrives at the festival office. After checking the DVD, we send the confirmation email.
We will notify the result to all applicants as indicated on the entry form by the end of May, 2022.
The entry into SKIP CITY INTERNATIONAL D-Cinema FESTIVAL 2022 constitutes agreement with all festival regulations and implies permission to exhibit work during the festival. If any falsehoods are detected on an entry form, the related film will be excluded from nomination and its applicants will be required to repay any expenses incurred by the festival as a result thereof.